This week for me has been a very long week, I have had the flu and now a bad respiratory infection that has literally knocked the wind out of me.
It could have been worse if I had not canceled my week and given myself the time to rest.
Sometimes very hard to have a whole week off, especially if you have a family to look after and a business that needs you.
Most of my week has been spent sleeping, eating and resting. (even with a 5-year-old)
Sometimes that’s all the self-care you can manage to do for yourself. And that is enough. I want you to know it's ok to take the time to rest and put yourself first.
It’s very important to not let your mind tell you that it’s not ok to rest and that you have so much to do right now because it’s never as important as your mind is making it out to be (it’s just playing guilt tricks on you).
Your health is the MOST important thing right NOW.
It can sometimes be very hard not to listen to the voice inside you that says everything isn’t going to be ok, the laundry is overflowing or the kitchen is a mess, but trust me it will all be ok.
It is so important to rest because if you don’t you can end up worse off. The stress you can cause yourself by not allowing your body the rest it needs to recuperate can make your sickness last a lot longer than it needs to.
Here is your RX for self-care when you are sick.
1. Warm shower with some lavender oil drops
2. Clean pajamas
3. Climb in bed and watch some of your favorite movies.
4. A warm cup of honey and lemon juice.
5. Soup, soup and more soup and Water, water, water. I like to keep hydrated by having lemon and or lime slices in my water.
6. Listing to podcasts or audiobooks in bed when you don’t feel like having your eyes open anymore.
7. Soft lighting, soft noises, comfortable blankets big plump pillows.
8. Good time to read any books you haven’t had time to read normally.
9. Listen to your body, don’t overdo anything and pay attention to what it needs from you. Water, food, rest, and repeat.
10. Last but not least. Give yourself a break, you are doing the best you can.
Get well soon xo
Free self-care guide and ebook here --->http://bit.ly/2vdf95D